Ethan is an associate in the Public Law Department, providing advice and counsel on a wide variety of issues that municipalities face, including the Brown Act, the Public Records Act, political and local government ethics, land use and zoning laws, and matters involving natural resources and the environment.
Work for Clients
Ethan advises the City of Fairfield, the City of Davis, the City of Mill Valley, the firm's Community Choice Aggregation (CCAs) clients, and the San Mateo County Harbor District, among other municipalities and local agencies. Ethan has aided clients in negotiating and crafting agreements, making code amendments, drafting resolutions and ordinances, reviewing environmental documents, and resolving matters involving derelict or abandoned vessels.
Prior to joining Richards, Watson & Gershon, Ethan worked with a municipal law firm in San Francisco and served as a CROWN fellow in the Sonoma County Counsel's Office.
Honors & Awards
Editor-in-Chief, Hastings Environmental Law Journal
CALI/Witkin awards for highest grade in Land Use Regulation (2019)
- Brown Act & Open Government
- CEQA (California Environmental Quality Act) (Environmental)
- Climate Change
- Coastal (Environmental)
- Conflicts of Interest and Local Government Ethics
- Joint Powers Authorities
- LAFCO (Local Agency Formation Commissions)
- Land Use Planning & Zoning (Environmental)
- Land Use Planning & Zoning (Municipal)
- Low & Moderate Income Housing
- Public Assistance & Prevaiing Wages
- Public Records & E-Documents
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
B.A., University of California, Berkeley