Isra Shah advises public agencies on a wide range of governmental law issues including the Brown Act, ethics laws, land use and planning, and contract drafting. In addition, Isra regularly advises clients in matters related to bankruptcy and insolvency law.
Work for Clients
Isra serves as the Deputy City Attorney for the Cities of Buena Park and Upland.
Prior to joining Richards, Watson & Gershon, Isra clerked for the Honorable Catherine E. Bauer at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
As a member of the University of California, Irvine School of Law’s inaugural class, Isra was an editor on the UC Irvine Law Review, and served as a judicial extern at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court and the Office of the United States Trustee. Isra remains actively involved in the UCI Law community, working each summer as an adjunct to supervise law students through the UCI Law Externship Program. In 2015, Isra served as President of the School’s Law Alumni Association and as a member of the Dean’s Executive Board.
Professional and Community Affiliations
Board Member, Orange County City Attorneys' Association
Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
Member, California State Bar Public Law Section
Board Member, UCI Law Alumni Association
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Event // Looking Back and Looking Ahead: Key Cases and Legislation to Know About in 2018Orange County City Attorneys' Association, 11.16.2017
- Event // Welcome to UCI LawUCI Law Orientation 2015, 08.12.2015
- Event // So you want to know about judicial clerkshipsAdmitted Students Weekend, 04.18.2014
- Event // Recent Law School GraduatesUC Irvine School of Law Pre-Law Outreach Program, 07.27.2013
- Brief City Council Discussion About Whether to Place Matter on a Future Agenda is not a Violation of the Brown Act
RWG Public Law e-ALERT
J.D., University of California, Irvine, School of Law
B.A., University of California, Irvine