Serita represents public agencies in a wide range of governmental law issues including the Brown Act, ethics laws, the Public Records Act, public works law, planning and subdivision law, and contract drafting. With more than sixteen years of experience, Serita has established herself as one of the state’s leading local government law experts.
Work for Clients
Serita serves as City Attorney for the City of Banning, Assistant City Attorney for the Cities of Covina, Rancho Cucamonga, and Westlake Village, and has previously served as the City Attorney for the City of Artesia. She also serves as General Counsel for First 5 Los Angeles, and as Special Counsel for Inland Behavioral Health Services.
Prior to joining the firm, Serita participated in externships with the Attorney General’s Office of the United States Department of Justice and the Attorney General’s Office of the California Department of Justice.
Honors & Awards
Lawyers of Color Hot List (2013)
Senior Articles Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review
Past Vice President, Loyola Black Law Students Association
Professional and Community Affiliations
American Bar Association
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Women Lawyer’s Association of Los Angeles
- News Release // Online AB1234 Ethics Training05.26.2021
- Alert // California Attorney General Clarifies Open Meeting Requirements for State and Local Agencies09.28.2020
- Event // Online AB1234 Ethics TrainingsL.A. Care, 5-6 per year
- Event // Conflicts of Interest and Advanced Ethics TrainingCity of Sunnyvale, in partnership with the Institute for Local Governments, 02.02.2017
- Event // Records Retention and ManagementCalifornia Special Districts Association, Board Secretary/Clerk Conference, 10.20.2015
- The California Legislature Enacts Senate Bill 1137 to Address Maintenance Problems Posed by Foreclosed PropertiesFall 2008RW&G Advisor
- New Legislation Amending the Ralph M. Brown Act - Senate Bill No. 334Winter 2008RW&G Advisor
J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
B.S., Georgetown University