Trisha counsels local governments on all aspects of municipal governance, including public meetings, transactional and land use matters, the interpretation, application of, and compliance with the Brown Act, Public Records Act, Political Reform Act, and other conflict of interest and ethics laws. In addition to her general municipal law practice, Trisha specializes in advising clients with regard to elections, imposing and increasing taxes and fees, special tax and assessment financing, clean energy financing, and redevelopment dissolution.
Work for Clients
Trisha currently serves as General Counsel for the Marin Emergency Radio Authority, Assistant City Attorney for the City of Davis, Assistant City Attorney for the City of Fairfield, Assistant General Counsel to the San Francisquito Creek Joint Powers Authority, General Counsel to the California Statewide Communities Development Authority, and Special Counsel to the County of Sonoma for its energy independence program.
Trisha advises local governments in achieving state law solutions to their local issues. Namely, she assisted the City of Palm Desert in writing AB 811, which authorizes public agencies to finance renewable energy and energy efficiency improvements on private property, also known as Property Assessed Clean Energy or "PACE." Trisha also assisted the City of Fairfield in writing AB 806, which authorizes certain community development powers for cities.
Prior to attending law school, Trisha spent over seven years working in state legislative government where she served as legislative staff in the Arizona House of Representatives, focusing on tax policy and the state budget, and she also worked as a lobbyist in the Michigan State Legislature.
Honors & Awards
Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review, Senior Research Editor
Professional and Community Affiliations
Member, American Bar Association
Member, California State Bar
Member, San Francisco Bar Association
Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
Women in Public Finance
League of California Cities, Committee on Municipal Finance
- Alert // City’s Transfer of Revenue from Municipal Electric Utility to General Fund to Recover Costs of City Services Upheld09.10.2018
- Event // Public Service EthicsLeague of California Cities Annual Conference, 09.12.2018
- Event // EIFDs: Tax Increments of a Different IlkThe Bond Buyer’s 25th Annual California Public Finance Conference, 10.22.2015
- Event // Economic Development and Local Infrastructure Financing in the Post-RDA EraThe Bond Buyer’s 22nd Annual California Public Finance Conference, 10.18.2012
- Event // Legislative Fixes for Congressional ActionPACE Solutions: Bringing AB 811 Home Conference, 03.03.2011
- Event // Public Financing of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Improvements on Private PropertyCounty Counsel’s Association of California, Taxation Fall 2009 Study Section Conference, 11.19.2009
- Event // Jumping the Legislative HurdlesCity and County Energy Conference, 11.16.2009
- Event // AB 811 Contractual AssessmentsCalifornia Debt and Investment Advisory Commission: Public Financing for Solar Energy, 10.09.2009
- Event // Government Financing for Private Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency ImprovementsThe Bond Buyer’s 19th Annual California Public Finance Conference, 09.15.2009
- Event // Preparing for Bond Takeout!The Palm Desert AB 811 Conference, 06.12.2009
- Event // Formation of Community Facilities DistrictsSouthern California City Clerk’s Association General Meeting, 09.20.2007
- Co-Author, California Municipal Law Handbook, Chapter 5: Finance and Economic Development2018Continuing Education of the Bar - California
- 11.2017CSMFO Magazine
- Co-Author, Propositions 26 and 218 Implementation Guide2017League of California Cities
- AB 811: The Promise and Challenge of Public Agency Financing for Private Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency ImprovementsWinter 2010Public Law Journal, an Official Publication of the State Bar of California Public Law Section, Vol. 33, No. 1
J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
M.B.A., Arizona State University
B.S., University of Arizona